Saturday, February 19, 2011

help me finish our room!

So we got our new Room and Board sofa today and I'm so excited!

Now it's time for some redecorating and the first step is to find a rug and accent chair to spice it all up...


I am absolutely in love with this "Sweet As Honey" rug from Anthropologie, but I am NOT in love with the eight hundred dollar price tag for a 5x8 ($1,700 if we were to go with an 8x10)... so I am in search of some alternate rug + chair combos that can give me some fun color/texture at a better price tag.


Leave me your comments and give me your thoughts on which combo is your favorite!

Option 1: Neutral Chair with Colorful Rug
I love this chair from Room and Board, but at a $999 price tag it's a little more money than I am interested in spending. I would, however, be up for a few Saturday morning trips to the Room and Board Outlet to get a better deal. SO I'm not ruling it out yet... The gray color offers contrast to the neutral Pumice color of the couch and would allow us to use some fun color on the floor. For example... this amazing yellow rug from Anthropologie. Still a bit high priced at $500 for a 5x7.

Let's mark this pair as the high-end of the possibilities.


Here are some other gray chair options:






Here are some other "fun rug" options:




Option 2: Neutral Rug with Bold Chair
I love this Skyline "Esprit Oasis" chair and the $225 price tag is very reasonable. I'm not familiar with this company and may be a bit concerned with quality, but going with a less expensive chair could provide more opportunity for updates in the future. Clearly this print would overpower any of the rugs above and become WAY too hectic, so I've paired it with this "Channel Rug" from West Elm, $299 (5x8).



Here are some other chair options:



1 comment:

  1. I like the ideas of a fun chair and neutral rug -- especially the chairs you posted! You probably already know, but I think you may get a discount at West Elm; some of the managers at work were talking about it, I can follow-up if you'd like. The new couch is awesome and I look forward to seeing what you end up doing! If you ever want company if/when you go to the outlet let me know - I'm still Ingrid hunt for a love seat.

    ReplyDelete