Tuesday, January 12, 2010

design within reach?

After completing my most recent posts, I began thinking about the concept of affordable design and the struggles design sensitivity can bring to its possessor.

To be the lover of good design is a tumultuous existence. You are painfully aware of the potential every space has to be truly remarkable. Every room has that perfect set of furniture... the rug that ties the texture and color of the design together like nothing else could... the pendant light that offers a unique focal while casting the most amazing hue on your flawless creation...

Yes, to love good design can be agonizing, forcing decisions like, "do I buy the Saarinen Womb Chair or do I allow myself to eat something more than Ramen for the next year?"

For the majority of us, truly high-end design is, and always will be, out of reach. We can browse, bless, and blog the latest styles and trends, but rarely do we get to taste the fruit.

Now with all that said, I am going to try my hardest to disprove my point. Therefore, my post this evening will offer some suggestions on where to go for affordable design that will leave you with a close-to-perfect look without racking up the debt...

Enjoy!

Lighting

$813.00


$99.00

Dining


$2,099.00


$599.00


$1,900.00


$399.00

Bedroom


$1,499.00


HOPEN Bed by IKEA
$249.00

Living Room


$1,999.00


$849.00


$249.00


$2,550.00 - $3,000.00

$349.00

Nursery


Crib+Trundle $855
Changing Table $495

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! You're so right! I'm thinking I need a few of those West Elm globes for in my dining room!

    ReplyDelete