Saturday, January 2, 2010

welcome...

It's the start of a new year and a truly fitting time to begin my first blog...

I rarely submit myself to new year's resolutions, but as 2009 came to a close amidst profound changes within my own life and the world around me, I felt it was necessary to make the attempt. I've begun to feel an acute sense that I am drying up for lack of a creative outlet. It may be due to the fact that I am now a few years out of college and am no longer forced to critically think about the world around me through architectural studios, drawing classes, and historical research. It could also be because my recent role change at work leaves me responsible for fewer design-related decisions and "right brain" activities on a day-to-day basis.

Therefore, my new year's resolution is to engage that artistic part of myself again and my hope is that this blog will facilitate this change. Within the cyber pages of this site, I will share the things that inspire and motivate me, forcing myself to reach out into the world and rediscover the designed environment I love so much.

Here's to a new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment