Monday, January 4, 2010

mad about succulents!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have limited skills when it comes to keeping plants alive. I've been successful with my two kitties thus far, but vegetative species and I do not seem to communicate properly. Maybe it's because they can't meow when they need to be fed...

Either way, I've discovered a plant that is not only stunning but hardy. Succulent plants come in a wide variety of species, colors, and textures and I adore them. So much, in fact, that I plan to use them as the floral inspiration at my upcoming wedding.


Here are some images of various succulent plants to whet your appetite...



Pictured above is the the Polaroid Flower Vase by Jung Hwajin. What a gorgeous way to display such an amazing plant.

image via polka dot bride

This is a stunning bouquet of succulents. I believe the plum-colored species is "Hen and Chicks," one of my favorite varieties. I love that the succulents look similar to roses, offering a more creative variation to the traditional bridal bouquet.

image via polka dot bride

The texture of this bouquet and the contrast between the muted tones of the succulent plants and the bright pop of yellow creates a stunning and unusual arrangement that would be perfect for a casual summer wedding. The size is perfect without being overwhelming!


This arrangement is simple yet provides a unique and powerful statement. It would be gorgeous as the center piece of a small dinner table or placed on a shelf in the home. The bark-finished vase compliments the earthy hues and textures of the plants to complete the perfect composition.

1 comment:

  1. i love those polaroid handing frames! so simple, but such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete